Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Shark and Red Cape

A vacation, that's all I needed. How did I end up here working again? His blade is long and sharp, he wields it with extreme precision, I have to be careful. I grab his arm to try to take control of the knife but his strength is uncanny. The only chance I have now is to use his foreword momentum to throw him on the ground. Shit, all I wanted was to relax.

Finally I can get away. I don't want to quit going about the path I've chosen, I just need some time to think and get my head back in the game. My last job was way too sloppy, made too many mistakes and almost got myself killed.

As I check into the cheap hotel, something on the tv behind the clerks desk piques my interest. "Excuse me Mam, can you turn that up?" "Sure!"
"Another bizarre incident has occurred surrounding the Red Cloak case. A strange letter was sent into the police department supposedly sent by the suspect this morning and we have been granted permission by the authorities to read it live on air. Keep in mind that this is also a rough translation as the original letter was written in Japanese. Parents should ask children to leave the room. The letter states;

'Tomino’s Hell

The older sister vomits blood, the younger sister spits fire. Cute Tomino spits treasured jewels. Tomino died alone and fell into hell. Hell, darkness, with no flowers. Is it Tomino’s older sister that whips? The number of red welts is worrisome. Whipping and beating and pounding, The path to eternal hell is only one way. Beg for guidance into the darkness of hell, From the golden sheep, from the nightingale. How much is left in the leather bag, Prepare for the endless journey into hell. Spring comes and into the woods and valleys, Seven turns in the dark valley of hell. In the cage is a nightingale, in the cart a sheep, In the eyes of cute Tomino are tears. Cry, nightingale, for the woods and the rain Voicing your love for your sister. The echo of your cry howls through hell, and a blood-red flower blooms. Through the seven mountains and valleys of hell, Cute Tomino travels alone. To welcome you to hell, The glimmering spikes of the needled mountain Stick fresh punctures in the flesh, As a sign to cute Tomino.'

If anyone has any information regarding this case, the police have asked you to contact....."
I quit paying attention after that. I can't get involved, I'm relaxing. That poem though...I know it...its an old urban legend. "This town is going to hell I tell ya," the old clerk mentions. I snap to and respond, "How long has this been happening...these Red Cloak attacks?" "Oh for a few months, the police think its the work of a cult. Don't let this bother your stay, other than this, our town is rather peaceful and safe." "Ha, yes Mam, thank you. Rooms this way?" "Yessir...and sir, stay away from abandoned buildings if you want to live hahahaa." "I'll try to." Crazy old coot, I like her.

Sitting in my room, I can't help but think about that broadcast. No, I'm on vacation. I'll just piddle on the internet to distract myself. I reach into my bag and see my mask, why did I bring my equipment?

After looking up random sites, I find myself drawn to looking up information about the murders in this area. Every single one of them have been in abandoned buildings, desolate locations, old parks, and strangely enough, all have been in the women's bathroom. First instinct is that this would be the work of a pervert looking for a thrill, but none of the female victims had been raped. In fact, half of the victims either had their throats slit or wind pipe crushed, suffocating them. This is too big for me to handle, but I have to do something about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it professional, because I don't know what he might do.