Monday, August 4, 2014

Tufer Origins Chapter 4: Round One. Fight!

At that time, I still didn't know how I had the knowledge to survive or where my fighting capabilities had come from. It all seemed to come just from the most basic of instincts within me. Any downtime I had from making sure Ony and I survived another night in our abandoned burrow was spent on honing my combat abilities. After a long while of this, Ony joined me in training. It was a good thing we trained as much as we did. She would need the skill more than ever now. In all honesty, she really didn't need much, she was naturally fierce and scrappy all on her own. I walked away several times after our 'bouts' with more cuts and bruises than she. Hell, I still remember the first time we fought for real.

"Charge me!"
"I won't hold back on you!"
"Good! Now shut up and charge me!"
She growled and started to sprint as fast as she could at me. I calmly stared at her, with a slight smirk on my face. This, I learned, was a bad idea. Never antagonize a girl bunny...especially if she is your best friend, she will make you regret it. I thought I had picked apart every flaw in her form, turns out, I hadn't. She had no form. She was completely unpredictable, she also played my hubris against me. She was in complete control the whole time.

When she got within a few feet of me, I noticed her right paw was up. I prepared to block that high punch and counter with a throw. That is when I felt intense pain in my lower jaw. I had totally forgotten she was left handed. She took advantage of that as she uppercutted me. I saw stars, couldn't focus at all. Ok, I am going to have to be serious about this. "Shit! That hurt!" I whined as I tried to regain my composure.

"Aww, wanna stop? Want me to go fix you an ice pack and some tea?" she smirked," Oooh! I have a better idea! How about you stop being a little bitch and fight me!" God I love her attitude. I chuckled as I started my relentless counter attack. Right hook, left jab, left hook, right uppercut, leg sweep. I didn't hold anything back, problem was, she blocked and dodged everything I threw at her. Then I saw my opening. She tried to feint a right hook again and catch me with her left. "Not this time," I muttered as I grabbed her left paw and flipped her over. Still holding on, I put my foot on her chest, as well as pressure on her wrist, fully expecting her to tap out. It was tough, but I beat her. It was a good fight.

The huge grin on my face quickly faded when I felt something sharp tap my inner thigh. I looked down in horror to see Ony wielding a small knife, resting it right below every guy's weak spot. "You crafty...You sneaky bit---"

"Hey now, choose your next words carefully. Don't want me to ruin your, ahem, ego any more do ya?" "Fine," I grunted as I let her go, "Where the hell did that even come from?" "I have to keep some secrets don't I, best bud?" She said as she hopped up, I just looked at her, arms crossed. "Aww don't be a grumpy bunny," she said playfully as she shook me, "I tell you what, for being such the perfect badass you are and best trainer ever, one so amazing that I could never surpass, I will make you something to eat tonight. I will even let you decide what it is, k?" "Okay....fair enough," I replied, managing the best smile my hurt pride would allow. I knew she was joking around with me, but no matter what, it always made me feel better.

Until the shadow took over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it professional, because I don't know what he might do.