Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dead Earth

I stood in a field of dead grass, dust hitting my face from the light breeze. The wind picks up, trench coat whipping in the wind. I flick my cigarette into the air and it is carried away. A shadow blocks the sun from shining onto Terra Firma. I can see the fleet of attack destroyers hovering above waiting to obliterate all humans. My dog died this morning, I don't have the patience for this. This is very bad timing for something to decide to destroy my planet. I throw off my coat into the air and start to concentrate all of my energy for a preemptive strike. Dark energy surrounds my fists, purple sparks emit from my knuckles, surges of red electricity arc around my body. My eyes glow a deep crimson color. The plasma cannons start to build up power for an planet destroying blast. I can't let that happen. Not today. Not until I have had my time.

I let out a ferocious roar as I raised my hands up to the fleet. I hold nothing back. Dark bolts fly towards their intended targets, obliterating everything in their path. The plasma cannon, however, got a shot off. "Damn!" I dash to the beams intended target, burning a path to its impact point. With all my might, I jump to meet the beam mid air, concentrating all of my energy into my right fist. I throw a strike. Time stops as the combined force of my punch and the beam connect. Pain surges through my body. I don't care. I push back with everything I've got. Just when I am about to give up, the blast redirects itself towards the last few remaining ships.

I land on the ground, the dead earth is hard. My body smoldering from the immense power. I catch my coat just before it hits the ground and put it back on. As I start to walk away, I light up another death stick. The mothership crashes into the ground behind me and explodes. I don't turn. I don't flinch. I don't care. It doesn't matter that I saved this dieing planet. Nothing I accomplished today would bring my dog back. Nothing ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it professional, because I don't know what he might do.